International activity is one of the main activities of ISEI BSU.
Main fields of international activities are:
– promotion of the Institute image within the structure of Belarusian State University at the international arena and increasing its authority as a base organization in the CIS in environmental education;
– participation in the development and conclusion of international agreements on cooperation with foreign educational and scientific institutions;
– increase in the export of educational services;
– advertising activities to attract foreign citizens for training and internship;
– arrangement and reception of foreign delegations visiting ISEI BSU to participate in the international conferences and other international events;
– arrangement and support of the effectiveness of academic mobility of academic staff and students;
– arrangement and participation in international scientific and educational exhibitions, conferences, workshops, and symposia;
– study of tendencies in the development of international educational services and the search for new partners to implement new academic projects and programs.
ISEI BSU carries out activities in cooperation with a number of international networks and associations.
Currently, ISEI BSU has concluded more than 90 international cooperation agreements with universities and research organizations from more than 20 countries of the world (the Russian Federation, the Republic of Uzbekistan, the People’s Republic of China, Turkey, etc.)
On average, 13 international cooperation agreements are concluded annually.
As a Base Organization of the CIS states-members in environmental education, ISEI BSU pays special attention to the following activities: educational program development for universities in environmental field as well as organizational support in its implementation; development and distribution of scientific methodological literature; holding international scientific methodological conferences (International scientific conference «Sakharov Readings: environmental problems of the XXI century», International scientific conference of young scientists, PhD students, master students, and students «Actual Environmental Problems», International scientific methodological confernce «Environmental education and sustainable dvelopment . State, purposes, problems, and prospects») and Olympiads (International environmental Olympiad of the CIS universities); development of representative offices (brances, faculties) of the Institute in the CIS countries.
Based on ISEI BSU with technical support of IAEA «Regional postgraduate educational courses in radiation protecion and safety of ionizing radiation sources» are held. 10 IAEA courses were held, 177 specialists from 20 countries of Eastern Europe and the CIS were trained for cooperation period.
Within the framework of student exchange, the cooperation with the University of Novi Sad (Serbia) and with the Auezov South Kazakhstan University (Kazakhstan) was established.
UNESCO chair operates based on the Institute.
The Institute is represented in the international ranking UI Green Metric Ranking of World Universities. At present, the Institute has become the first among all universities of the Republic of Belarus and takes the 679th place out of 1050.
ISEI BSU is traditionally considered by foreign applicants as a fundamental educational institution of environmental profile. Annualy, foreign citizens from different countries of the world (the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, the People’s Republic of China, Iraq, Iran, African countries, etc.) undergo professional training.
Key partners of ISEI BSU in the implementation of joint educational programs are RUDN University, Tajik National University, National University of Uzbekistan named after Mirzo Ulugbek, Hangzhou Medical College, University of Novi Sad.
International Relations Department coordinates international activities of ISEI BSU.