Based on research institutions and research practical centers of the National Academy of Sciences, healthcare institutions.
|Description||The specialty includes deep comprehension of medical and environmental disciplines with in-depth study of factors of technogenic and radionuclide environmental pollution in connection with their degenerative and destructive impact on human body, molecular mechanisms of pathology development induced by aggressive environmental factors.|
|Graduates||Can work at laboratories of Hygiene and Epidemiology Centers, other institutions and organizations dealing with the level and type of determination of environmental factor impact on the population.
Able to carry out:
|Description of study||
Period of study: September 1 – June 30. There are 3 week holidays between semesters in winter. Students write course papers in the 4th and 6th semesters, thesis in the 8th semester and also take the State Exam.
|Subject||Credits (ECTS)||Academic hours|
|Fundamentals of Medicine||13,5||518|
|Fundamentals of Radiobiology and Radiation Safety||4||158|
|Epidemiology and Hygiene||4,5||172|
|Xenobiology and Biotesting||2||88|
|Fundamentals of Biodosimetry||4,5||158|
|Foreign language (English)||11||438|
|Second foreign language||5,5||206|
|Graduate competencies||• ability to carry out research in the field of ecology (medical ecology in particular); biology; radiobiology; environmental, laboratory, and radiation medicine;
• ability to analyze and make peer review of extreme, and harmful environmental factors impact on the population; develop measures to optimize such impact;
• ability to analyze public health in order to assess and predict the condition of population health;
• ability to work at laboratories of institutions, enterprises, and organizations; ensure peer review of work quality providing chemical analytical, cytological, immunological, microbiological, molecular biological, genetic, physiological biochemical, and other forms of activity, analysis.
|Continuation of study||II and III stages of higher education|
|Master’s Course (II stage)||1-33 80 05 Medical and Biological Science:
1-33 80 01 Ecology (majors in):
• Urban ecology;
• Environmental Biotechnology;
• Environmental Management;
• Green Economy.
|Postgraduate Course (III stage)||
• 03.01.01 Radiobiology;
• 03.01.02 Biophysics;
• 03.01.04 Biochemistry;
• 03.02.08 Ecology (majors in):
• Urban ecology
• Environmental Biotechnology
• Environmental Management
• Green Economy
• 03.03.02 Anthropology