- develop a common strategy, main directions, and mechanisms to implement information technologies in the educational, administrative, economic and international spheres of the Institute’s activities through the evaluation of proposals and projects of the Institute’s divisions in the field of software and hardware, information technology implementation.
- create and develop a common information network of the Institute and ensure its integration into national and international networks. Develop informatization projects, create local and remote computer networks for the Institute’s departments.
- information support of the educational process and the Institute management.
- method development to analyze and test computer systems and networks.
- computer software support used in research, the administrative and economic sphere provided under additional agreements.
- account for computer and office equipment available at the Institute. Analyze the needs of the Institute departments in computer and office equipment, and the feasibility to use it.
- form and maintain a common automated management system of the Institute.
- systemize the information process about the Institute’s activity (work with technical tools of training, the Institute’s website).
- functioning and development of local network.
- access to remote networks.
- provide the educational process with information technologies and resources.