1-33 80 05 Medical and Biological Science (majors in):
- Medical Biochemistry,
- Applied Immunology,
|Students study||Medical and biological disciplines with in-depth theoretical training in the field of information technology, molecular biology, molecular medicine, practical skills in working with modern laboratory equipment.
Students undergo two week research training during the studies. Training based on research institutions of the national Academy of the Republic of Belarus, research centers, healthcare institutions of the Ministry of Public Health of the Republic of Belarus.
The opportunity to study the following additional disciplines:
“Philosophy and methodological science”, “Foreign language”, “Fundamentals of information technologies” followed by a candidate’s examination and a credit necessary to enter a postgraduate course.
|Graduates||• able to carry out biochemical, immunological, cytogenetic, and radiobiological research at the cell, tissue, organism level aimed at peer review of pathological change level;
• able to analyze and evaluate harmful environmental factors, ionizing radiation impact on population to monitor, predict, and prevent pathological processes;
• able to solve project tasks that requires special medical and biological training; prepare expert conclusions based on the results of experiments and analysis;
• able to provide management functions;
• able to develop plans and innovation activity programs, feasibility studies on innovative projects in the field of biology and medicine.
|Requirements||• completed higher education (bachelor’s degree);
• successfully pass the interview both on language proficiency (English or Russian) and profile disciplines.
|Description of study||Period of study: September 1 – June 30. There are 3 week holidays between semesters in winter. Students write a master’s thesis and take the State Exam in the 2nd semester.|
|Subject||Credits (ECTS)||Academic hours|
|Computer modeling of biologically active substances||3||90|
|Clinic laboratory diagnostics||3||90|
|Tumor growth immunology||3||90|
|Molecular cytology and genomics||3||90|
|Graduate competencies||• ability to apply a systematic approach to analyze medical and biological data, search for a solution using theoretical knowledge and practical skills to enhance professional activity level;
• ability to analyze and interpret advanced medical and biological research results to assess the functional state of a human body and predict the ways of adaptation to unfavorable environment;
• process statistical biological data, systemize the results of the work performed using modern computer technology and data analysis methods;
• ability to analyze the characteristics of underlying biological materials used to create images, apply spatial data acquisition and processing techniques, spatial analysis, visualization of medical and biological data.
|Continuation of study||III stage of higher education|
|Postgraduate Course (III stage)||• 03.01.01 Radiobiology;
• 03.01.02 Biophysics;
• 03.01.04 Biochemistry;
• 03.02.08 Ecology (by branches)