Activity purpose of the laboratory is a testing of conceptual directions, content and methods for teaching disciplines in the system of continuous environmental education.
Activity areas of training and methodological laboratory of environmental education:
- Information and analytical: study and compile of best practices in environmental education; develop, accumulate and update information educational resources;
- Scientific and methodological: provide scientific and methodological support in innovative activity, increase professional skills of teaching staff and distribute innovative experience in environmental education;
- Experimental and innovative: test and implement updated curricula of environmental education; develop, test and implement innovative methods of environmental training and education, forms, methods, technologies in pedagogical process.
Tasks of training and methodological laboratory of environmental education:
- Training, methodological and information support of fundamental and applied research of laboratory staff conducted within various programs, grants, foundations;
- Interaction and integration of training, scientific and innovative potential of educational institutions to solve relevant isuues in environmental education;
- Create experimental and innovative platform to introduce scientific and methodological developments in ecology into pedagogical practice, and also implement innovative projects in continuous environmental education;
- Develop and introduce modern innovative approaches of environmental discipline teaching into the educational process;
- Develop and implement advanced training program for teaching staff; develop training and topical plans for problematic seminars and short-term advanced training courses;
- Supervise research of students, master students, postgraduate students, develop their creative skills, participation in olympiads and contests of student scientific papers;
- Conduct research, scientific, technical and innovative activity within international cooperation;