1-33 80 05 Ecology (majors in):
- Green Ecology
- Environmental Management
|Students study||Medical and environmental disciplines with in-depth study of factors of technogenic and radionuclide environmental pollution in connection with their degenerative and destructive impact on human body, molecular mechanisms of pathology development induced by aggressive environmental factors .
Students undergo two week research training during the studies. Training based on research institutions of the national Academy of the Republic of Belarus, research centers, healthcare institutions of the Ministry of Public Health of the Republic of Belarus.
The opportunity to study the following additional disciplines:
“Philosophy and methodological science”, “Foreign language”, “Fundamentals of information technologies” followed by a candidate’s examination and a credit necessary to enter a postgraduate course.
• develop practical recommendations for the use of research in the field of environment protection;
• plan and carry out experimental environmental research;
• develop research technical documentation to manage the implementation of research work;
• prepare materials, teach students, supervise their research work, develop training methodological support, provide research and expert analytical activity in the field of environmental impact on a human and other living organisms at various organization levels;
• analyze environmental activity of organizations and institutions by branches of the economy, environmental expertise and the assessment of economic activity impact on the environment;
• organize design, expert-advice and management activity in the field of environmental science, rational nature management;
• develop plans and innovation activity programs, feasibility studies on innovative projects in the field of ecology, nature management and environment protection.
|Requirements||• completed higher education (bachelor’s degree);
• successfully pass the interview both on language proficiency (English or Russian) and profile disciplines.
|Description of study||Period of study: September 1 – June 30. There are 3 week holidays between semesters in winter. Students write a master’s thesis and take the State Exam in the 2nd semester.|
|Subject||Credits (ECTS)||Academic hours|
|Theory and methodology of environmental research||3||90|
|Innovative technologies in the field of ecology and environment protection||3||100|
|Environmental data processing methods||3||90|
|Computer visualization of environmental data||3||90|
|Graduate competencies||• ability to understand and apply advanced scientific achievements, innovative technologies in the field of ecology, nature management, and environment protection in your professional activity;
• ability to quantify environmental processes, process statistical environmental research data, systemize the results of the work performed using modern computer technology;
• ability to analyze the characteristics of underlying environmental materials used to create images, systemize and classify images, apply spatial data acquisition and processing techniques, modeling, spatial analysis, visualization.
|Continuation of study||III stage of higher education|
|Postgraduate Course (III stage)||• 03.01.01 – Radiobiology
• 03.01.02 – Biophysics
• 03.01.04 – Biochemistry
• 03.02.08 – Ecology (by branches)
Clinic immunology, Allergology